Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Lurker



My daughter Jen said,"Mom, you are a lurker," which sounds really creepy so I decided to come out of the closet and start blogging. So, here I am...no longer creepy lurker, but cool blogger.
I recently cleaned out Jen's room after she left for college and set it up as my studio. I felt mildly guilty about that, but my mom was helping me so it's her fault too. I put my 18 month old daughter in daycare three days a week (I felt really guilty about that) but only during the time my son is in school. I dug my painting stuff out from under the stairs in the basement and started painting on Monday. OK so it didn't go so well. (I will post my underpainting.) I have mostly worked in acrylic and watercolor but of course am determined to paint in oil. I thought I'd join the Daily Painters, or in my case the Thrice-weekly Painters. I added some color and now it looks like crap.
My son stayed home sick (yeah right) from school on Friday and decided he wanted to try his hand at oil painting. He knocked out three (8x10, and two 6x6) beautiful paintings. He's always been interested in art and is a very talented drawer. He started out drawing super heros and now he's into ball players. Once in a while he'll branch out (ha! no pun intended) and do a tree. But this time he did sunsets and they are really nice. I am so jealous! Oh to be able to be so free. To have no idea how to paint and to just sit down and push the paint around, freely dipping into whatever colors I had out. I have to loosen up!
Anyway, tomorrow is one of my painting days so I am going to scrap the one I started and start another.

3 comments:

Diane Hoeptner said...

Welcome to blogging, Pamela!! I'm SO glad to have found your blog!! (: This underpainting is Gooor-geous.

Pamela Robinson said...

Thanks Diane! Come back soon

Sherry Maxwell said...

Hi Pamela, just want to say, that my daughter moved out to and I to felt guilty about putting my studio in her room. lol I only took up half of it so far, so I can keep the bed for a guest. She is 25 now, wow and still go to college, Vet. tech. I still have a son at home, he is 23 next month. He finished college but cant fine work he likes. He loves to draw and is very good at it. thinking about going back to school. Any way, so glad you got back to doing your art its great so keep it up. Also, check out this site: The Carder Method...he's great. Carder works in oils and teaches really easy method and his forum is so full of wonderful artist. Very supporting. Later,
Sherry